Christophe Dutang's Home Page
- Generally actuarial science with a special focus on modelling of
non life insurance markets with game theory, ruin theory and regression
modelling applied to customer behavior
- ...more generally applied mathematics, with a special interest in
regression models, random number generation, probability distributions.
- Tout ce qui augmente la liberté augmente la responsabilité.
- If you're playing within your capability, what's the point?
If you're not pushing your own technique to its own
limits with the risk that it might just crumble at any moment,
then you're not really doing your job.
- Little by little, one travels far.
- Theory attracts practice as the magnet attracts iron.
Carl Friedrich Gauss
- A teacher can never truly teach unless he is still learning
himself. A lamp can never light another lamp unless it continues to
burn its own flame. The teacher who has come to the end of his subject,
who has no living traffic with his knowledge but merely repeats his
lessons to his students, can only load their minds; he cannot quicken